The SDA team is diligent in its OH&S responsibilities and as we continue to expand our operations, we seek to expand our ability to identify and eliminate OH&S issues in order to provide the safest tour possible. As such, we have been able to do this and apply a riding style that caters to the beginner and experienced rider.
SDA has developed and implemented an ‘Indemnity Form’ which highlights the risks. This process clearly sets the tone of the tour and highlights the expectation on Clients to behave appropriately.
Both a lead guide and a tail guide are assigned to EVERY tour. Where there is greater than 10 clients, a third guide is engaged
All guides have helmet communications
The tour is only conducted in a tag-a-long (single file) format, with each rider instructed to leave a safe distance (5-10m) between themselves and the bike in front.
Clients are instructed to stay in the riding line (tracks) of the person in front of them and not to veer off on their own track or ride erratically (no overtaking and no side by side riding)
- Clear and simple hand signals are demonstrated and provided by the lead guide
Clients are provided with a riding helmet and hi-Vis safety vest
SDA recommends our customers come prepared for their tour in:
- Closed in shoes (no thongs or sandals) – as we traverse through a bush track then onto the sand dune we would not like a stick or something else coming up and accidentally cutting your foot or leg
- Long pants – the motor can get very hot and would protect your leg from getting burnt
- Sunglasses – Stockton beach has white sand and can get very glary on your eyes as you are riding along.
- Sunscreen – We would not like you to get sunburnt.
- Camera – Great shots on the sand dunes the tour guides will stop onto of one of the highest dunes and take your picture for you
- A spirit for fun and adventure
Child policy: Children rates are 7-13 years
Children under 18 years may participate on any tour with written parental consent.